- Questions; Contacting BPCP; Reporting Violations; Notice to California Residents.
- User Consent.
- Children’s Privacy.
- A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
- Types of Data We Collect.
- Use of Your Data.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information.
- Security of Your Personal Data.
To make such a request, please send an email to or write us: at firstname.lastname@example.org or
via regular mail at BPCP Attn: Privacy Group 1549 El Prado, Suite 4 San Diego, CA 92101 619-232-7502
- Children’s Privacy. We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to children’s personal information that we may collect through the Site. When we intend to collect children’s personal information, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children; • Limiting our collection of children’s personal information to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity;
- If a child sends us a question or request, using the child’s email address or other personal information provided by the child solely for purposes of responding to that one-time request; and
- Providing parents with access to, and the ability to request changes to or deletion of, children’s personal information that we have collected. If a child wants to register an account on our Site or provide us with any personal information (e.g., in connection with submitting an annual pass or volunteer application), and your child is under 13 years old, we require the child to submit a parent’s email address or telephone number.
We use the parent’s email address and/or telephone number to seek parental consent for the child registering with our Site and submitting volunteer applications, and to explain what information we are collecting, how we plan to use it, and how the parent can revoke consent or request at any time that we remove the account and delete any personal information collected from the child (including the parental contact information).
If the parent does not consent, we delete the information submitted by the child. If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent/guardian have NOT consented, or if you no longer wish for your child to have an Account on the Site or for us to maintain your child’s applications, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will delete your child’s account, applications, and the parental contact information.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company/school name, and password if you create an account on our Site (“Account”). We do not collect user names and passwords from you if you provide Personal Data to us via one of our Service Providers. These Service Providers may collect such information from you in connection with creating accounts on their sites. If you are a parent, you may also optionally choose to provide us with the ages and gender of your children and information on any special services they may need while participating in one of our programs/events. If the account owner is under the age of 18, we also ask for birthdate information (month and year only).
- When you make a donation, purchase an explorer pass, apply to become a volunteer, or register for a program or event on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, and address. This information may be collected by and/or shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your transaction. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry-standard technology. • Visitors to the Site may register and opt-in to receive the BPCP email newsletter by providing their email address (children under 13 cannot opt-in for this email newsletter).
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e- mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected by Our Service Providers.
(c) Information Collected via Technology. • Information Collected by Our Servers.
To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt-out of tracking on our Site.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/hel p/settings_manager07.html.
- Use of Your Data.
(a) Use of Your Personal Data. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways: • facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- process requests made through our Site and to provide the Services you request, including requests to receive our newsletter; • provide donation and explorer pass processing;
- recognize donors in public listings (you have the option if you prefer to remain anonymous);
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created; • send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- provide information on, and respond to your inquiries related to, volunteer opportunities or other requests;
- provide data for internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth; • make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of BPCP.
(b) Use of Anonymous Data. Because Anonymous Data does not personally identify you, we may use or disclose such information for any purpose. For instance, we may compile and share aggregate data about the ages, geographic locations or other demographics, provided that this information does not personally identify anyone. Aggregated data may be shared with vendors who maintain the Site, as well as with our Board of Directors and potential donors.
(c) Use of Information Collected via Technology. We use information collected via cookies, web beacons and other technologies to personalize your visit. With this data, we can provide content applicable to your general location and interests. We use this information to administer and improve your experience on our Site, to help diagnose and troubleshoot potential server malfunctions and to gather broad demographic information.
(a) Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to facilitate email and newsletter delivery; to process donations, payments, volunteer applications and event/program signups; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the BPCP. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by BPCP.
(c) Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices, you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), BPCP may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary
(a) in connection with any legal investigation;
(b) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on BPCP;
(c) to protect or defend the rights or property of BPCP or users of the Site or Services; and/or
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third-party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Services:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
(c) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete their Personal Data by contacting us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Security of Your Personal Data. BPCP is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while BPCP uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, BPCP cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e- mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your Personal Data, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your Account with us. Continued use of our Site or Service, following notice of such changes, shall indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.